- Responsible for Real time Network Monitoring and Fault Reporting
- Responsible for ticketing logging based on the alarm reported.
- Will initiate diagnostics and perform pro-active analysis for all faults. Will perform root cause analysis for network alarms
- Support the day to day operations with Change & Fault management by adopting ITIL industry standards.
- Responsible for adhering to SLA and ownership on Incidents through out the life cycle.
- Responsible for transferring tickets to L2 engineers for problem resolution
- Responsible for adhering to process framework outlined for profile.
Working relationships and interfaces
- Customer network teams.
- L2/L3 and Design Engineers on problem resolution and change implementation.
- Field Engineers & third party support group (remote hands)
- technical competencies (Skills and Experience)
Routing Protocols : OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, ISIS.
LAN Switching : Exposure to diversified family of Catalyst and IOS based
Switches including hands on experience on VLANs,
Trunking, STP, PVST
WAN Technologies : ATM, Frame Relay, ISDN (Hands on experience preferred)
HDLC & PPP Point to Point links
Other Technologies : MPLS Basics, LDP, TDP, TE
- A strong adherence in following documented process and handle day to day operations with Change & Fault management by adopting ITIL industry standards.
- Needs to demonstrate technical problem solving capabilities with minimal escalations.
- Document a knowledgebase with recurring problems thereby resolving maximum number of incidents at the Tier 1 desk.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or related field
- CCNA/CCNP is an advantage