Profile Summary The candidate will be responsible for provide ongoing 24×7 proactive operational monitoring and support to the Customer’s mobile WiMax network throughout Malaysia utilizing industry standard framework Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) methods and procedures.
Position Requirements Essential:
• Five/Six plus years of experience in IT / Telecom / Banking industry
• Knowledge in SDLC is a must
• Ability to manage clients requirement
• Strong people management skills
• Ability to manage 3rd party vendor
• Experience in Service Delivery (Service Management) area
Role & Responsibilities
• NOC Manager shall customize and maintain all PNOC process documentation.
• Effectively monitor and support service delivery team, ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are followed
• Build and maintain client relationships
• Produce management performance reports to an agreed schedule or upon request with other Service Delivery team
• Co-ordinate and manage the Hardware Return and Repair Process using the hardware vendor support and maintenance process.
• Co-ordinate the approved changes in the Network. This includes S/W correction and patches to be installed in the various systems and network elements in scope.
• Co-ordinate and manage quarterly preventative maintenance activities performed by field staff.
• Work with Implementation and Operational Readiness PM to accept network element(s) into Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
• Perform escalations as required to other operators related to interconnect issues as per agreed escalation process.
• Implement any recommendations or workarounds provided by Cisco and Other Vendor’s support organizations to restore service where applicable. Any recommendations made by Cisco or Other Vendor’s support organizations that require changes to standard approved configurations and architecture shall be raised to CCB for review.
• Nominate designated representative(s) to attend regularly scheduled conference calls with Cisco and Other Vendor’s support organization to discuss open trouble tickets.
• Co-ordinate onsite visits as requested by Cisco and Other Vendor’s support organization representatives.
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
• Positive and flexible attitude
• Ability to think clearly, identify risks, anticipate eventualities and resolve problems under pressure
• Ability to understand and comply with business processes and procedures
• Ability to interact with users / partners / vendors / sub-contractors effectively
• Ability to understand and comply with methods, standards, guidelines, tools, techniques and procedures
• Good team player
• Ability to complete tasks within timeframe and quality requirements