As part of the Field Implementation team in Asia Pacific, you will be responsible to delivery IT projects for the internal IT department of Cisco Systems. The projects require the highest level of quality as the implementations performed in the enterprise environment consist of tomorrow’s world-class technologies.
You will be working together with a high-skilled group of Project Managers and Networking engineers that are based both inBangaloreas well as inSydney.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will report to the Head of the Global Field Implementation Team and under his supervision he/she will have responsibilities in the following areas:
• Deliver successful internal IT projects in a global managed service environment
• Manage the project lifecycle in line with the company’s shared standard project methodology
• Communicate and report effectively on project status to the client as well as internally
• Responsible for project planning – implementation – budget – resource management and quality of project delivery
• Plan and coordinate network interventions with internal users and external vendors
• Coordinate installations cabling and the set-up work of Cisco equipment
• Maintain effective working relations with ISP providers
• Supervision and coordination of cabling works and various infrastructure works with external suppliers and vendors
• Participate in changes and incident management of the Field Implementation environment
• Create pro-actively and take initiative to optimize and improve the project team
Bachelor or Master Degree in information technology and/or computer science or equivalent professional experience.
At least 2 years real experience in Project Management.
As a successful candidate, you have already worked in a multi-national environment and you have delivered projects in and out ofIndia.
You have a good understanding of the finesse required to deal with different demanding customers in different countries acrossAsia.
You will have managed project teams consisting of at least 5 people.
You are well-versed at communicating with different stakeholders in a project and have a track-record to prove so.
You have had exposure to ITIL and both project methodologies as PMI and Prince2 are not unknown to you.
- Communicate clearly both orally and in writing with considerable attention for detail.
- Maintain strong interpersonal communication skills and is well organised and can work independently.
- Identify and analyze problems and offer solutions.
- Able to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Fluent working knowledge of English (oral and written) is required.
- Knowledge of Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) is a definite plus.
- Team player who is willing to travel.