Location: Bangalore, India
Manage customer networks and providing a rapid response to escalated incidents and problems. Identify faults and service problems and restoration of service within target times. Assist in setting up and running Operational routines and preventative activities to improve reliability and availability or customer network services. Performing Complex changes & mentor other operations colleagues.
Working in DSO on a range of technologies covering IP, data, & Dedicated Services. The role will specialise in one or more of the technologies but be expected to work across all of them. The Role will be expected to work as part of a virtual team involving response activities to in depth diagnostics and fault resolution.
a) Manage the customers networks assigned and ensure the day to day operations of those networks operated to perform within the SLA & KPI’s for the Customer Networks.
b) For all escalated incidents and problems for the Network to be managed and resolved within the SLA for the Networks.
c) Perform changes on the network as per standard change process.
d) Pro-actively review existing customers network and supply feedback to account and service teams for further customer expansion or reconfiguration
a) Troubleshoot customer networks for escalated faults & assist the 2nd line data team in troubleshooting and handling issues.
b) Leading & Owning the High Sev Faults till closure
c) Escalating complex issues to 3rd line/Design Team or TAC whichever applicable.
d) Performing Complex/critical Changes
e) Providing technical training for 2nd line DATA Team (Customer Setup/Technology)
a) To achieve agreed performance levels in line with Business targets, Customer requirements and the functional SLA’s.
Number of issues resolved in a month, Time take to resolve issues, Escalations handled, initiatives adopted for better process handling, Adherence to SLAs.
Education Level Required (e.g. Degree/certification)
B.E / M.S / M.C.A with 4+ years of experience
B.Sc / Any degree courses with 5+ years of experience.
( CCNP / CCIP / CCIE Qual ) desirable
Essential Skills Required
- 4 or more year’s Technical experience within a Telecommunications / Data Comms / IP arena.
- Knowledge of IP services and practices.
- Advanced Knowledge of Data communications, IP and Network management tools.
- Specific experience in three or more of the following areas with an awareness of the others
- Advanced Knowledge on Routing and Switching
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Worked on large networks
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and logical thinking
Understanding Operation and taking Handover as Operational Acceptance
Desirable Skills Required
- DLSw ( IBM SNA )
- Hands on experience in Alcatel SR 77XX
- Cisco IPT
- Cisco WAAS
- Service Management Process exposure – ITIL, ISO27001, etc
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic and disciplined
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills – sensitive to customer’s needs, patient, pleasant and diplomatic
- Able to work and resolve problems using own initiative with minimal external input
- High level of self motivation
- Business and commercial awareness
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to short time frames.
- Ability to multitask.
Ability to identify problem areas within a process and present findings in a logical and documented format.