The role manages the technical relationships between Client and Customers, As part of the core account team you are required to drive technical aspects of all RFP’s, bids and new requirements and the strategic adoption of Client products to CIO/CTO level in the customer account
(Outline specific tasks/responsibilities of the role)
- Customers for the candidate will primarily be Carriers, ISPs and Cellular Service providers in India, South Asia and Middle East.
- Primary responsibility will be to understand the customer’s network and services being offered, and position C&W Worldwide products and services in a manner that will add value to the customer’s overall value proposition.
- Identify services that can be resold by the customer to their respective end customers and hence identify which Carriers can be positioned as a Channel for C&W Worldwide.
- To identify business opportunities for prioritized products and closely work with Sales team.
- You will Strive for Technical Excellence to provide “Best of Breed” Solutions which meet the business requirements of Customers and able to present it well to the CXO
- You are responsible to take proactive role in the presales or in the early requirement qualifications process to develop an understanding of the customer’s business requirements and service issues and articulate persuasively the C&W solutions and build customer confidence by demonstrating why C&W is best placed to be trusted with business critical networks.
- You will Strategize with Account Manager so as to Incorporate Cable & Wireless strengths as Differentiators
- Create high level design documentation for each customer and engage with design team for a specific design documents.
- Proactively manage the technical & business relationship and ensure retention of revenues for nominated accounts by developing and implementing a strategy to maximize revenue together with Account team.
- Use regular design reviews and other meetings to review customers’ current business issues and demands. Analyze the implications for business & service requirements, identifying opportunities for improvement, or cross-selling.
- Revenue growth and retention
- Customer satisfaction based on CSAT ratings, Accolades or Complaints
- Total revenues for services supplied to the nominated customer
- Business opportunities identified and developed jointly with Account Manager
- Revenue: effort metrics
KEY REQUIREMENTS (RELEVANT EXPERIENCE & TRAINING)
(Indicate the essential experience, qualifications and attributes required to perform this position effectively)
Person Specification (skills, knowledge and experience required)
The employee will be dealing with senior management and personnel from customers, C&W group companies, regional service providers and suppliers. Therefore the employee must be able to demonstrate self-confidence, a highly accomplished level of inter-personal communications and presentation skills. In addition the employee must have the following;
- Ability to plan, organize, co-ordinate, control work, have a structured approach and a “can do” attitude to problem solving.
- Able to adaptable, highly self-motivated, demonstrate initiatives, result-orientated and have a willingness to learn new technologies.
Candidate must have the following technical skills and a comprehensive understanding of key technologies
- Thorough understanding of IP Transit as a service and knowledge of IP Peering.
- Thorough understanding of basic telecom technologies – Layers 1 to 3. Knowledge of existing and emerging technologies in the Carrier domain.
- Wide Area Networking using protocols such as SDH/SONET, EoSDH, EoMPLS, MPLS, ATM, ISDN, IPVPN, TCP/IP & Managed network services. Transmission networks, multiplexing and broadband technology.
- Private voice networking using small, medium and large PBXs and involving the use of TDM & PCM. Voice signalling and Voice over IP technology.
- In depth industry understanding/knowledge and competitive environment in the India region.
- IPLC (with thorough knowledge of cable systems)
- IP Transit
- IP VPN
- Emerging Cloud based services
- Multiplexing products like Ciena CoreDirector etc.
- Routers (All models of CISCO Routers)
- LAN Switches (All models of Cisco Switches,Nortel Switches)
- Data Communication Equipment (NTE)
- Security, VPN and IDS
- Wireless LAN (Cisco Aironet / Aruba)
- IP telephony including Contact centre and Cisco Call Managers
3 Networking Protocols
- Ethernet (EoSDH/EoMPLS), Token Ring, ATM, Frame Relay, HSSI, ISDN, Analogue dial, POS
- TCP/IPv4, IPX/SPX, SNA, NetBIOS
- IP : OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP, BGP, ISIS
- IPX : RIP, EIGRP, NLSP
- IPTel : H.323, SIP, Cisco Skinny
- Other Major Protocols : Spanning Tree, GRE Tunnel, SNMP
- Networking Services – DNS, DHCP (with DDNS and Failover), WINS
- Transmission : SDH,EoSDH, DWDM, Switching Technology like MSP, SNCP etc
Educational Qualifications & Working Experience
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer Sciences or Telecommunications engineering
- 5-8 years of working experience in pre-sales/solution support/Designing
- Cisco/Juniper Certification (CCNA or higher certification)