Location : Bangalore, Chennai
Overall role Purpose
Operating within the Cable & Wireless Worldwide Assure and Operate models, the main focus of this role is to:
- Provide the 3rd Line support required to resolve complex faults, & support complex provide & change issues, on a 24/7 basis.
- Contribute to the Customer Services, & wider business, objectives to improve: fault management performance, Service reliability & Service performance
This is a real-time operational role providing a ‘centre of excellence’ for supporting complex multi-technology solutions, in addition to a providing a comprehensive knowledge of specific technologies
- To provide 24×7 3rd line assure activities supporting all areas of Real Time & High Care Operations.
- Service restoration for complex faults (Technology & Solution based).
- Real-time complex technical support interface to suppliers, including multi vendor interoperability issues.
- Timely and effective consultation with other C&W agencies as required to restore service.
- Ensure that management escalation is in line with both customer and product guidelines.
- Fulfilment of Technical Prime activities for all MI Activities 24×7.
- Root Cause analysis for complex major incidents & escalated faults
- Provide technical and fault management input to customer and management fault reports, including representation at customer facing meetings, where required.
- Where required, provide 24×7 3rd line support for complex Provide & Change activities.
- Assist with the definition, & embedding, of a consistent set of processes & measures across all key interfaces.
- Support the ongoing development of ‘frontline’ Customer Service teams.
- Where required, support new technology, service & solution acceptance from into 3rd line support.
Working relationships and interfaces
- Real Time Operations & High Care Delivery.
- Customer Service Centres.
- Real Time Technology.
- Peer Platforms teams.
technical competencies (Skills and Experience)
- A minimum of five years experience in an appropriate telecommunications field with a high level of understanding of the technologies used within Cable & Wireless.
- A clear and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work unsupervised for extended periods, managing multiple goals and priorities.
- Ability to remain calm when working to demanding timescales and deadlines.
- Excellant communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proactively identify self development needs.
- In-depth knowledge of IP networking, switching and routing
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP services
- Comprehensive understanding of routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, IS-IS.
- WAN, LAN, VPN, VPLS & VLAN technologies
- C&W IPVPN, MSP, IP Select
- Basic understanding of Unix & Windows.
- In-depth knowledge of one of the following
- Cisco Networking
- Alcatel Networking
- CCNP or equivalent
- IP Security
- Understanding of ITIL working practices and how to apply them to managed services.
- Risk assessment and management
- CCIE or equivalent
- Ideally a degree or an industry recognised professional qualification