- Support of IT infrastructure using Incident, Problem , change and Configuration Management
- Maintain the VMware Enterprise Cluster and Virtual Servers (Windows & Linux) ensuring uptime and site responsiveness.
- Plan and expand current service offerings by providing the design improvement and commissioning of new features
- Take the lead role on evaluation, design and development of new roll out and upgrade
- Must handle problem tickets, assist other teammates in technical decision making, support current business applications and keep the environments available in a 24 x 7 x 365.
- Proactively perform standard system administration tasks as necessary to keep VMware and Linux up and running.
- Responsible for administering, monitoring, and maintaining Linux and Squid
- VMware Enterprise Server administration skills with hands on experience on both administration and backup of Virtual Machines.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Linux/SUSE/ Ubuntu and Squid
- Must have good understanding of Scripts
- Demonstrated the capability in handling the heterogeneous server environment.
- Knowledge on Capacity Management using script as well as capacity planer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on documentation including the ability to write technical documentation, installation and configuration guides.
- Should have working knowledge of Storage (EMC and or Netapp) and Switch
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to fully document technical specifications and related project or systems level documentation; Clear documentation and communication of objectives, requirements, and designs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Related
- 6-10 years’ experience on VMware, Linux , Squid, Storage and Windows
- VMware certification and Windows -2008 Administration Certification must
- Linux certification desirable