SENIOR SUPPORT CONSULTANT
Location: Bangalore, India
Overall role Purpose
You will work as part of the Real Time Operations team, in an IP MPLS / ATM core network which offers IPVPN services to customer’s world wide. As a network support engineer you will be a part of the operational acceptance team who enables the operation team to take over new services, and customers after doing the necessary provide to assure checks.
The successful candidate will have exposure to large scale IP networks and Cisco / Alcatel devices. A strong understanding of telecommunications technology & hardware necessary. The operational acceptance group works closely with multiple groups within and outside the organization. As a result, great communication, ownership and management reporting skills are essential in order to be considered for the position.
- Responsible for supporting day to day operational requirements of NOC team
- Responsible for performing provide to assure checks as per the OLA
- Responsible for producing management reports of support functions
- Responsible for enabling the assure team in taking over new services, customers & technology
- Responsible for keeping the assure documentations up to date
- Responsible for supporting assure team in continuous improvement activities
- Responsible for supporting NOC operations managers developing LWI & Process documents
- Responsible for validating the Partner service performance records
- Need to work with colleagues across the world with different cultures
- Need to adhere to the agreed SLA/OLA with working interfaces
- Need to adhere to the existing C&W Process & Procedures
Working relationships and interfaces
- Provide / Projects team
- Assure team
- All service providers across the Globe
- Carrier compliance managers
- Field Engineers & third party support group (remote hands)
technical competencies (Skills and Experience)
- Basic Understanding of telecommunication (E1/T1,DS3/E3,STM1/4/16/64, POS, SDH)
- Basic understanding of network/hardware
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN Technologies
- Basic understanding of Cisco Routers/Switches
- Basic understanding of Carrier level network topologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent exposure to Microsoft office
- 1-3 years hands-on experience with Cisco and Alcatel network elements
- Exposure to TDM transmission technology
- Exposure to CRAMER/CLARIFY / REMEDY
- Telecom experience will be preferred.
- Previous experience in an ISP or NOC environment will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or related field