Principal Software Engineer, Server-side Infrastructure
Build server side infrastructure for internet-scale web site reputation system
This is a senior-level engineering position in consumer product development team, a team focused on rapid delivery of new products. The individual will be part of an engineering development team – the position will require advanced engineering on new large-scale software products from Symantec, including design, development and unit testing of complex technology components. Person will mentor less experienced developers in advanced concepts, will review the design and code of others and take necessary corrective actions if needed. Person will be expected to set technical product direction by weighing industry trends, competitive information, and product requirements.
- Works independently and provides direction to the team and keeps the stakeholders / dependent components on track and informed while developing high quality mission critical Consumer software.
- Responsible for the design, development ,implementation and tracking software artifacts of complete software components.
Helps in improving quality of the product by creating best practices and standards.
- Anticipates problems and future technical needs and Completes analysis, development and/or maintenance of highly complex, undefined tasks.
- Should be able to work on multiple releases in short spans of time.
- Should have at least 10+years of hands on Development experience which should include experience of shipping multiple versions of products with experience in complete product life cycles.
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communications skills at the business and technical level.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and mentoring qualities.
- Creative problem solving approach, passion for quality and customer-first attitude.
- Set technical product direction by weighing industry trends, competitive information, and product requirements.
- Take appropriate technology decisions by doing right fit POC and prototypes.
Guide and mentor development team with clean architecture & sound designs.
Must have: C++/Win32/COM /Algorithms/Strong Analytical skills/Windows Internals/ Crash Dump Analysis/Excellent Debugging skills/Excellent Communication Skills.