Principal Software Engineer, Web applications and server side development
Design and build web applications and server side/cloud based services
This is a senior-level engineering position in consumer product development team, a team focused on rapid delivery of new products. The individual will be part of an engineering development team – the position will require advanced engineering on new large-scale software products from Symantec, including design, development and unit testing of complex technology components. Person will mentor less experienced developers in advanced concepts, will review the design and code of others and take necessary corrective actions if needed. Person will be expected to set technical product direction by weighing industry trends, competitive information, and product requirements.
* BE in Computer Science and 10+ years in-depth experience in required programming languages.
* Be currently considered Expert Level in Web and Server-side J2EE development techniques and technologies.
* Demonstrated hands-on mastery of JAVA, XML, Web Services, Struts, Spring, SQL, J2EE, JSP, Oracle and MS SQL.
* Extensive experience building and exposing services and components.
* Mastery of Data Architecture principles and Design Patterns
* Extensive experience in application architecture, design, and development of Web-based applications
* Strong problem solving/analytical skills
* Fast learner, self motivated, team player
* Must be able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
* Expert knowledge of Apache product suite especially Tomcat.
* Candidate needs to be very hands with both design and development
* Experience with scaling an application to handle the ever-increasing needs of its customers
* Experience with profiling and tuning of applications for performance and scalability
* Experience with JBoss Products highly desired
* Knowledge of C/C++ would be a plus.
* Experience with networking tools
* Good understanding of TCP/IP.