Location: Bangalore, India
Overall role Purpose
You will work as part of the Network Consultant team within the ENM span, on an IP MPLS / Voice platform which offers IPVPN services world wide. You will need to work on 24*7*365 shifts to maintain a high level of availability of services and minimising the risk of network downtime and reducing business impact by providing effective workaround and having proper change plan in hand.
The successful candidate will have exposure to large scale IP networks and Cisco devices. You will work closely with multiple groups within and outside the organization. As a result, great communication, analytical skills and commitment are essential in order to be considered for the position.
- Responsible for Real time Network Monitoring and Fault Reporting
- Responsible for ticketing logging based on the alarm reported.
- Will initiate diagnostics and perform pro-active analysis for all faults. Will perform root cause analysis for network alarms
- Support the day to day operations with Change & Fault management by adopting ITIL industry standards.
- Responsible for adhering to SLA and ownership on Incidents through out the life cycle.
- Responsible for transferring tickets to L2 engineers for problem resolution
- Responsible for adhering to process framework outlined for profile.
Working relationships and interfaces
- Customer network teams.
- L2/L3 and Design Engineers on problem resolution and change implementation.
- Field Engineers & third party support group (remote hands)
- technical competencies (Skills and Experience)
Routing Protocols : OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, ISIS.
LAN Switching : Exposure to diversified family of Catalyst and IOS based
Switches including hands on experience on VLANs,
Trunking, STP, PVST
WAN Technologies : ATM, Frame Relay, ISDN (Hands on experience preferred)
HDLC & PPP Point to Point links
Other Technologies : MPLS Basics, LDP, TDP, TE
- A strong adherence in following documented process and handle day to day operations with Change & Fault management by adopting ITIL industry standards.
- Needs to demonstrate technical problem solving capabilities with minimal escalations.
- Document a knowledgebase with recurring problems thereby resolving maximum number of incidents at the Tier 1 desk.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or related field
- CCNA/CCNP is an advantage