Role : DBA
Title : Engineer III
Experience : 7- 9 yrs
Qualification : BE / ME/ MCA
Job Summary :
Every day, the Internet enables countless opportunities in ways never before imaginable. And every day, Verisign engineers enable the full potential of the Internet through our management of the indispensable infrastructure of .com and .net. We hire managers and engineers with an exceptional ability to execute and who are looking for a fast-paced product development environment where innovation is recognized and rewarded. Every day we solve the kind of complex problems that no one else in the world is facing. The world is counting on us and we deliver.
As a Database engineer, you will be part of the team building the next generation of mission-critical domain name Registries. In this role you will design and develop some of the most visible and exciting products on the internet. You’ll leverage industry leading technologies such as Oracle, mysql.Golden Gate, Hadoop to build high performance, scalable applications in a fast-paced environment
Skill Set Required :
• This senior individual contributor position is focused on database software development projects.
• Work to raise the level of excellence of database components built by the team.
• Seek out new and inventive ways to increase the overall availability and performance of the database.
• Quickly understand complex issues provide expert technical answers.
• Participate and lead design and code reviews, documentation of design, and implementation of methodologies to ensure high quality software.
• Lead performance tuning tasks with a team on engineers on mission critical systems.
• Develop extensive unit tests using custom and open source database testing frameworks.
• Manage and tune large Oracle and Mysql databases using a combination of sql trace, statspack or awr reports.
• The individual will be involved in the full life cycle (analysis, design, development and maintenance) of software projects.
• This position requires extensive data modeling, design and development of OLTP and batch applications on a Unix-based platform using Oracle PL/SQL, SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, and Perl.
• This person will build and maintain new/existing application software for batch processes and reporting.
• This individual will be responsible for writing detailed analysis and design documents.
• Interactions with other team members through both written and verbal communications can be expected on a daily basis.
• This person should be a thought leader in database technology.
• 7+ years of demonstrated experience on developing database applications and documentation for OLTP database systems in an Oracle, Mysql and Unix environment. Demonstrated proficiency with Data Modeling, Database Administration, SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Unix and Perl scripting. Must have strong Oracle PL/SQL skills. Must have experience with Oracle 11i and Data Guard technology. The ideal candidate should be an excellent problem solver with solid oral and written communication skills. Experience with Oracle BI Publisher and OBIEE is a strong plus.
Interested candidates can send the profiles for email@example.com