SQL DBA Description:
- Provide day to day support of high OLTP HA of SQL Server (2000, 2005,2008) databases
- Provide Database Administration and support of databases to the application development teams.
- Implement and support Administration tasks such as Backup and recovery procedures, database utilities, and data replication technologies while supporting the development, test, and production environments.
- This position would be involved in our production support on-call rotation 24/7.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to developers. This support will involve effective communication, escalations on SQL bugs, issues, and or identifying anomalies to developers for their corrective actions for all production and non production releases (This task is a continuous effort throughout the SDLC)
- Assume primary ownership for the development requests submitted and work with the application team and DBA manager on prioritization.
- Identify root causes of production problems and work with developers to circumvent and resolve such problems.
- Provide technical services to monitor and maintain environments, (the SQL Server production, development, and test databases) running on firm’s strategic platforms including periodic software upgrades and migration of the SQL Server products.
- Document operational or newly engineered solutions properly to educate and inform the clients and DBAs from the various levels of the organization.
- Create and maintain Windows and SQL scripts to automate tasks such as setting up and refreshing DEV, QA, and Production database environments.
- Log, schedule and track all changes in the change management system, and in Remedy.
- Responsible for all corrections to the database infrastructure and for repairs to the system or database.
- Minimum 5 years of Full Development Life Cycle experience in OLTP and DW projects using Agile /SCRUM Development Methodology
- 5+ years database administration experience with a large scale SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 in multi-node clustered environments including replication and security.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 2000, 2003 and 2008 server and SQL Server Service Broker.
- 3+ years experience in reviewing, writing and debugging, tuning complex TSQL (stored procedures, UDFs and triggers etc.,) & SQL
- 3+ years experience in physical characteristics such as table design, relationships, data partition, efficient indexes, storage allocation, capacity planning etc.,
- 3+ years windows scripting, VBScript and advanced DTS, SSIS package design & Development
- Experience with networking and how it relates to SQL Server connectivity
- Strong working experience using various Tools such as TOAD, Erwin, Profiler, Quest Spotlight, SQL Performance Analyzer etc.,
- Display strong ability in troubleshoot complex issues, problem solving and analytical, time management, written and communication skills, decision making, interpersonal relationship skills
- Display strong inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills and experience with communicating with teams across the globe.
- Highly motivated with a commitment to quality service
- Must be able to accurately estimate project resources and accurately project completion timelines
- Working in large environments
- Experience with versioning control, ClearCase
- Knowledge in Healthcare industry/HL7
- Oracle experience
- Knowledge of the EMC DMX VMAX CX, HP storage systems
Interested people can mail the profile to firstname.lastname@example.org