Job Description for Lead – Software Development
- · The candidate should be a hands-on engineer with strong development skills and
experienced in architecting enterprise grade systems. Candidates should have worked on
building JAVA based applications using open source framework technologies.
- · Candidate should have experience in full life-cycle of a software application – including
requirements, architecture, design, development, and testing. The candidate must have
considerable experience in Java software development in a Linux/Unix environment.
- · The candidate must be able to develop software components/applications, and must
possess good knowledge of existing tools and solutions. The candidate must have good
communication skills and should be comfortable communicating with engineers with wide
range of experience. Strong written, verbal and presentation skills are a must. Must be a
self starter and able to performs all tasks with a nominal amount of supervision
- · Minimum 6-8 years of software development experience using Java.
- · Strong knowledge of databases (preferably Oracle), with 2+ years professional experience developing SQL-based applications.
- · Experience in building highly distributable systems using multi-thread technologies based on multi tier architecture.
- · Good experience in standard frameworks including Spring and Hibernate.
- · Experience with web technologies like JSON/REST, SOAP is a plus
- · Must have experience working in Linux and Windows development environments.
- · Experience in deploying applications using web container like Apache/Tomcat.
- · Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle and must have experience in using code review tools, junit framework for test cases.
- · Knowledge of design patterns.
- · Excellent problem analysis, design, troubleshooting, and resolution skills.
- · Self-starter with self-initiative and direction.
- · Great communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
BE/ME/MS in Computer Science or related field